Working Draft Vision, Mission, Values statement, current as of 1/29/2019
We believe in a world where all individuals and families are empowered, sustained, and grounded by an intimate connection to land, food, and community. Movement Ground Farm is premised on a vision that we have the ability to heal our bodies, restore our spirits, build our own systems, and fight for our highest ideals.
We envision a day where communities, who have historically been uprooted and displaced due to land theft, slavery, war, gentrification, development, and environmental destruction, can once again turn to land as a source of healing, sustenance, empowerment, reflection, and guidance.
Our mission is to grow a sustainable, collaborative community-based farm that has the capacity to feed, inspire, and connect landless, displaced, and disenfranchised communities.
➢ Urban youth organizers have open space and a farm to which they can retreat.
➢ Families and children can learn how their food is produced, where it is grown, and actually participate in the process.
➢ Seasonal gatherings unite diverse sectors of New England’s social justice community.
➢ Refugee elders find solace and empowerment in passing down their agricultural knowledge base.
➢ Food-related businesses are formed and supported, as cooperatives or as fund-raising streams for organizations.
➢ Friends and families make their own jams and pickles.
➢ Bartering of goods and services within our communities replace meaningless credit card swipes at Walmart.
➢ Everyone, and every organization and movement, develops a greater level of autonomy and self-determination
➢ Our microcosm serves as a model for how we can anchor our families, organizations, communities, and movements in an autonomous food system.
ORIENTATIONS At The Farm (and in life)
- Open your connection to the power and gift of land
- Identify emotional, spiritual blockage and trauma, and work towards healing
- Love, forgive, and show compassion for yourself
- Nourish your body with real food, your spirit with true joy
- Strive for appropriate exercise and physical health
- Cultivate mindfulness, balance, and presence
- Do whatever you have to do to find your highest purpose in life
- Design an expansive, abundant and clairvoyant vision
- Shape, re-invent and re-discover yourself, daily if that’s what it takes
- Be in community, give to community, receive from community
- Align the fight of your life with the movement fight needed for the people and the planet